“Going green” isn’t just the in-thing to do for the environment, it’s also the right thing to do for your business. Nearly 70% of consumers in the US and Canada think it is important that a brand is sustainable or eco-friendly, according to a study conducted by the National Retail Federation (NRF) and IBM. But beyond that, according to The Small Business Chronicle (https://bit.ly/3jtGVUJ), there are also five major direct business benefits that can be gained by focusing your products, services, and general philosophy on being green:
- Legal & Tax Advantages – Going green has many practical advantages, like tax credits and various incentives ranging from solar energy rebates to hybrid car credits that could be available for your business.
- Reduced Waste – Going green can improve the overall efficiency of a business by reducing unnecessary waste and costs (i.e. turning off lights, reducing print usage, etc.).
- Improved Workplace – Providing green options like environmentally-friendly cleaning products within a company can offer overall workplace improvements and better employee health.
- Public Response – Economic studies have shown that companies utilizing green technology and selling green products are seeing an increase in profits due to buyer loyalty and an improvement in consumer perception.
- Sustainability – Of course, the greatest value of going green relates to maintaining the health and sustainability of the environment.
So how can you ensure that you’re continuing to practice eco-friendly principles when it comes to your branded marketing efforts? First, it’s critical to choose a promotional products partner who understands the important role being green is to your business. Second, in recent years, promotional product manufacturers have embraced the Going Green movement and many of them offer a vast selection of environmentally-friendly items. From biodegradable and organic items to hand-powered electronics and recycled promotional products, Vernon offers the most creative and cost-effective eco-friendly items available. Our latest curated collection includes some of the most practical or most creative from thousands of items: