The pen is mightier…than a lot of other promotional products out there!
When it comes to value, brand recognition and retention, writing instruments are tough to beat. They’re useful, easy to carry and a very common giveaway item for customers. Plus, no promotional product gets passed around more, which is why they have the best value per impression of any promotional item. PPAI’s 2012 Study of Writing Instruments in U.S. Households examined the importance of writing instruments in everyday life and their effectiveness as an advertising medium. Survey responses revealed the following powerful facts about pens:
• Nearly 70 percent of promotional pen recipients who had received one pen in the past year remembered the name of the advertiser
• Nearly 53 percent remembered the message imprinted on the pen
• Thirty-two percent said the pen affected their decision to contact the advertiser
• Forty percent reported the intention to do further business with the sponsor in the future
• Forty percent used the promotional pen they received at least one to five times a day.
• Fifty-six percent reported that they keep their promotional pen for as long as it writes.
• For a pen costing the advertiser $1, the impression cost per thousand users over an entire year is 43.6 cents. Overall, the cost for each impression is only a fraction of cent or $0.000436.