Are you a morning person? Sixty-three percent of advertising and marketing executives feel most productive in the first part of the day, and 72 percent are most creative before noon. Here are five tips for making the most of your morning from jobs agency The Creative Group.
- Make a plan. Spend 10 minutes at the beginning of each day (or the evening before) creating a realistic to-do list for the day ahead.
- Sharpen your focus. People are more efficient when working for an extended period in the same mental mode – try to cluster tasks that require similar effort or resources in the same time frame.
- Limit distractions. Many professionals find inspiration from browsing blogs, websites and social media. To maximize productivity without cutting off sources of creative stimuli, set designated periods to surf the web in the afternoon or after you’ve completed a major to-do.
- Don’t delay. Even peak performers occasionally put off working on unpleasant or overwhelming assignments. One effective way to overcome procrastination is to break a project into smaller tasks.
- Recharge. Taking short breaks can help you replenish your energy and fight fatigue.
Source: Rise And Shine At Work. PPB Magazine. March 2015. T. Underwood.