NEWTON, IA— More than 150 Vernon account executives and guests and 85 supplier partners attended The Vernon Company’s “Gettin’ Our Brand On” 2011 National Sales Meeting, held April 6-9, in Orlando, Florida. The four-day meeting focused specifically on building a brand and telling a story, and included a mix of educational workshops, sales training, networking events, and a supplier tradeshow.
- “Building a Business Through Storytelling” keynote presentation from the Disney Institute, followed by an interactive workshop where groups worked together to craft the Vernon story.
- “Follow the Leaders” Q & A sessions where top Vernon account executives answered questions and shared strategies on marketing custom caps, using PSAs, using social media, niche marketing, prospecting and competing with the Internet.
- Thirteen supplier education sessions focused on topics such as new product introductions, industry trends, cross media marketing, name-brand selling, adding value to products, and penetrating existing accounts.
- Tradeshow with 85 supplier partners displaying their newest and most popular products.
- Awards ceremony where 102 awards were presented, recognizing various levels of achievement and sales accomplishments.
- Receptions, mixers, and free time to network with suppliers and develop relationships with fellow Vernon account executives and managers.
“This year we emphasized sharing the ‘tips and tricks’ from our top salespeople. Listening to them share their selling stories and branding strategies was powerful and inspiring,” said Jeff Burnett, Vice President of Marketing.
“I left the National Sales Meeting invigorated and full of new ideas and tips from fellow salespeople, as well as suppliers,” said Vernon account exec Maureen Helm. “I met so many great people who were all willing to share ideas on how to be successful in this industry. I feel very lucky to be part of the Vernon sales family.”
The Vernon Company, a fourth-generation family business founded in 1902, manufactures and markets promotional products designed to help other businesses increase sales and improve profits. The company has over 30,000 customers, served by 330 employee account executives and sales managers throughout the United States and Puerto Rico and 190 administrative and production employees in its Newton, Iowa, headquarters and two sign graphics manufacturing subsidiaries based in Missouri and New Jersey.