Before you even start to think about ordering promotional items, think first how your brand represents you. It’s not enough to just pick a design or colors that you like and think that’s it. Your brand will tell the world what you’re all about & the message they get may not be the one you want them to receive. Here are three simple things to think about…
- Consistency. Make sure your brand name is consistent across all platforms of communication.
- It’s not about you. Put your customers first all the time. Remember, you’re trying to reach them with your message so establish content that resonates with them in a positive manner.
- Stand out. Make sure your message is something that will stand out from the crowd. Don’t do what your competitors do.
Once you have a logo, tagline & colors that represent your company, you should start to think about promotional products.
- Don’t always assume you need the least expensive item out there. The customized promotional item you distribute with your company name on it will represent you–it will show how much you care about your business & the services or products you provide.
- Make sure your product is relevant to your business & at the same time useful to the recipient. The whole point is to have your company in front of your customer or prospect at all times.
- Once you have your product, hand them out. Don’t save them for a special occasion or for someone special.