- To recognize the intellectual ability and performance among sons and daughters of Vernon employees, and;
- To make it easier financially for these students to attend college, and;
- To recognize and promote intellectual achievement.
To be eligible for consideration, the following conditions must be met by all applicants:
- Be a senior in an accredited High School at the time of application.
- Parent employed by Vernon on May 1, .
- Submission of application form below, on or before due date of September 30, .
- Complete ACT or SAT prior to final submission deadline (February 26, ).
- Return all questionnaire materials, which are applicable.
- Will be attending a four year accredited college or university or enrolled in an accredited junior college where courses are offered that are transferable to a four-year college.
- Not receive a full scholarship from other sources.
- Parent must continue to be a full-time employee for renewal. (Account Executives must meet and maintain sales volume requirements to be eligible.)
- Must maintain acceptable grades in college or university for renewal.
- Eligibility does not extend beyond four continuous years of college.
The Scholarship Committee will receive all application materials, which will be sent to you at a later date for completion. This material will be screened for completeness and then forwarded to the Selection Committee. This committee is composed of full-time educators from Iowa State University and Drake University. If all the material required has not been received by the deadline of February 26, 2021, what has been received will be returned to the applicant and not considered for the program. Selection will be made based upon materials received. Therefore parent position with the Company nor geography will be considered, or known in total, by the Selection Committee. Timely submission of the form hereon and subsequent materials is essential for completion through the Selection Committee process. Therefore, please adhere to dates shown. THESE ARE ABSOLUTE DEADLINES.
After you have completed and submitted this form, you will receive a letter, which will give you the necessary materials and instructions. This will be after the September 30, deadline.
~ The Scholarship Committee
By completing and submitting the following form, you are indicating your interest in applying for one of the WILLIAM F. VERNON SCHOLARSHIPS.