Today’s turbulent economy and dramatic upheaval occurring in our financial markets makes dealing with strong and stable business partners even more critical.
I want to assure you that The Vernon Company is one of the strongest and most financially stable suppliers in the promotional products and sign graphics industries.
Our company was founded in 1902, by F.L. Vernon, my great grandfather. We are a 4th generation family-owned and managed business based in Central Iowa. We have grown over the years from a small, local graphics agency into a nationally recognized promotional marketing & manufacturing firm employing over 500 people and doing business throughout North America. We are large enough to handle any size project, yet small enough to care about even the smallest client.
During our 100th anniversary in 2002, we discovered that Vernon is quite unique in our historical background:
“Vernon is one of less than 30 firms in the United States that is over 100 years old, has been continuously owned/managed by the same family without interruption and is in the same line of business as during its founding in 1902. Less than 3% of family businesses survive past the third generation and under 1% survive past 4 generations.” – Norman Cohn, Chairman, ASI Publications
That’s a truly remarkable heritage. Listed below are a few more facts we believe are important for our valued clients to consider:
- The Vernon Company has been honored as one of ASI’s Top 40 leading distributors (of 22,000 ASI-listed firms worldwide) every year since this recognition began over 40 years ago.
- The Vernon Company holds the highest Dun & Bradstreet rating of AAAA1 in the promotional products and graphics industries for over two decades. No other Top 40 ASI or SGIA business holds this outstanding credit record.
- The Vernon Company has an impressive balance sheet showing over $23 million in assets, $14 million in equity, $10 million working capital and ZERO long-term debt! We conservatively manage our business and are structured to prosper in any economic environment.
- Vernon has been honored six consecutive years by ASI as one of the industry’s Best Places to Work.
- We are able to finance any size order and every order is guaranteed with The Vernon Company’s award winning service.
- All Vernon employees are bonded and insured to provide outstanding service.
- The Vernon Company has been given an ‘A’ rating by the Better Business Bureau of Central Iowa.
We appreciate your trust in us and value your business. We will continue to work hard to bring you the most creative and cost effective solutions to your marketing and brand identity programs.
Chris Vernon, MAS
President & Co-CEO
The Vernon Company